October 29, 2012

Book Study Kickoff!

Colleagues,

Thank you so much for choosing to be a part of this year's book study devoted to the topic of teacher leadership!  There are 24 of you who signed-up and I am SO excited about the opportunity to spend quality time with you discussing this topic, getting to know you better and engaging in collegial dialogue.  

The focus of our first gathering will be on chapters 1 and 2 -- Leadership Stories and What is Teacher Leadership? -- (pp. 1-27).

I look forward to seeing you on Monday, October 29 at 3:45-4:30 pm in the Sherwood High School garage rooms (near the cafeteria).

I hope you have a wonderful week and I will see you soon!

Heather

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone,
    I have never posted on a blog so I am excited that I am trying something new!! I started Chapter 3 during our Stop, Drop and Read. Some of my students wanted to know why I was why I was highlighting in my book.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for setting this up. I was so inspired by our first meeting, and I can't wait for our next gathering. I feel so fortunate to be part of such a wonderful school district!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are all having a restful weekend -- goodness knows you deserve it!

    Thank you for attending our first book study session; I am very excited about where our conversations will lead.

    Here is a quote that I recently came across. I am curious to hear your thoughts/reactions to it. What does it mean to you?

    It reads, "Teacher leaders are approachable and influence primarily through their personal power. Relationships become the foundation upon which teacher leaders are able to share and learn with others" (Katzenmeyer, Marilyn & Moller, Gayle 2001).

    ReplyDelete